Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Beaver under the Ice

I'm moving towards the video world for the best method of capturing animal ecology and thought I would release a few clips from the first night my camera was deployed. While the final system is relatively simple, it's taken hundreds of hours of research, experimenting, and building to get to this point. I still have a bit of work to do to get this system exactly how I want it, but I finally have built the technology that will allow me to film wildlife, day or night, and record it at the highest possible quality. This beaver walks right over the microphone while dragging food back under the ice:

Beaver1 from Peter Abdu on Vimeo.

Despite all activity occurring at night, this beaver was completely relaxed and even curious.

Beaver2 from Peter Abdu on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment