Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Coyote and deer come for a drink


        This camera got "wacked" pretty early on by a bull moose during the rut, so the camera angle isn't perfect for the coyote shot. This camera was only correctly positioned for a week before a moose changed the angle, and three days later it dealt the camera a final blow, knocking it to the ground. When I returned to the camera it was still working ~4 months later, although all the pictures were close up shots of moss and ferns once it was knocked down. I'm sure the camera angle isn't something a little photoshop couldn't fix, but I enjoy presenting photographs of nature as they are-without being touched up.
     During the rut the moose tend to knock any small and un-assuming stick down that stands near their path. Whether it's out of curiosity of anger, they target the sticks I use for holding up my cameras like it's their job. Have I learned my lesson? Nope. I'm always after the perfect shot, and as it so often happens, there isn't a tree in the middle of an animal path for the perfect angle so I will continue using large sticks to hold cameras, I'll just have to be a little more picky during the rut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment